Tampines Together, #Tampines United Drawing Competition
Because of the current COVID-19 situation, we have changed our annual photo contest to a drawing contest!
2020 has been a tough year for everyone, but we will continue in our battle against COVID-19 emerging stronger. In the face of crisis, we witnessed how communities remain united, showing solidarity.
With the theme “Tampines Together, #TampinesUnited” in mind, submit a drawing of how the kampong spirit is alive and stronger during these challenging times.
It can be a time when you received a care pack from your neighbours, or everyone in the estate displayed the Singapore flag to show unity! We believe that such community stories will inspire everyone to strive on together.
Bring out your inner Picasso and start drawing today for a chance to win attractive cash vouchers!
Prizes to be won for EACH CATEGORY
|Primary School||Secondary School||Open Category|
Winners will be notified via email/post and results will be posted on Tampines Town Council’s platform (website, Facebook, Instagram and digital noticeboard).
How to take part
- Draw: Start drawing in A3 or A4 landscape format.
- Share: Tell us in less than 50 words, the story behind your drawing.
- Submit: Scan your artwork and save in 300 dpi, .jpg, jpeg or png. Submit digital copy of the artwork, along with accompanying write-up, via the online form HERE
* NOTE: You will only be contacted if your submission is shortlisted. Physical copies of shortlisted entries should be submitted from 5 October to 16 October 2020 for further evaluation.
Terms and conditions apply.
Stay connected with us
Follow us (@tampinestowncouncil) on Facebook and Instagram to keep updated with the latest happenings. We will also be sharing some tips on drawing during the contest period!
[Contest period: 15 June – 20 September 2020 (Extended by demand!)]
Terms and Conditions
- All entries must be submitted by 2359 on 20 September 2020.
- The competition is open to all (Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and foreigners) and participation is free.
- Participants should be at least 7 years old.
- Participants under the age of 18 years old as at 15 Jun 2020 must obtain consent of parents or legal guardians and by participating in this Contest, it is deemed that consent has been obtained.
- All submitted artwork must be original work. Participant must also own the copyright of the drawing.
- Submitted artwork and caption must be relevant to the theme, Tampines Together, #TampinesUnited.
- Artwork must be landscape on either:
- A3 size (42cm (width) X 29.7cm (height) or 4960px (width) X 3508px (height)), or
- A4 size (29.7cm (width) X 21cm (height) or 3508px (width) X 2480px (height)).
- For schools and group submissions (more than 30 submissions), please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangement.
- Each participant can submit only one (1) entry.
- The artwork is first submitted online via the online form. Tampines Town Council will then request for the physical copy of the artwork if the entry is shortlisted.
- Participants are to ensure that the scanned artwork is clear and of high-resolution (at least 300 dpi) and not more than 10MBs. Submit only image format (png, jpeg, or jpg).
- The artwork should not contain any obscene, incendiary, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
- There is no restriction on the form of medium used. Some examples are colour pencils, crayons, watercolours, oil paints, etc.
- You can also submit digital art (2D). The artwork must not be watermarked by any external source, cannot have any company logos, trademarks or otherwise display copyrighted content which does not belong to the Participant.
- Any form of plagiarism or use of copyrighted content or artwork will not be accepted. Entries which have won prizes in other drawing competition, or have been previously used or are intended to be used for any kind of commercial purposes, will not be accepted as well. Participants will indemnify Tampines Town Council against any claims on infringement of copy right relating to their entries.
- By participating in this competition, the participant warrants that he/she has not obtained the artwork via any unethical means.
- Tampines Town Council reserves the right to exclude or disqualify any entries that do not meet the requirement.
- Winners may be interviewed by Tampines Town Council. All winners consent to public disclosure of their names and results of the competition.
- All entries will be evaluated by a panel of judges and all decisions are final. No correspondences or appeals will be entertained.
- The participant shall grant Tampines Town Council and its associates a non-exclusive, royalty-free and transferable right to use, reproduce, publish, publicly display, print, edit or distribute his/her artwork in any media format and any media channels as deemed fit by the Town Council.